IPDB Test Network Terms of Service (“Terms”)
Thanks for using the IPDB Test Network.
The IPDB Test Network is operated by IPDB:
Interplanetary Database Foundation e.V.
Aktenzeichen VR 35270 B
If you have questions about the IPDB Test Network or these Terms, please email [email protected]
2. Your Use of the IPDB Test Network
The IPDB Test Network is for testing purposes only. That’s why it’s called the Test Network. You get to see what you can build on IPDB, and we get to see how you use IPDB.
Your use of the IPDB Test Network is subject to these Terms. If you do not agree with the Terms, you may not use the IPDB Test Network. We may change these terms at our discretion. If we do, we will let you know.
Your use of the IPDB Test Network is at our discretion. We can allow or deny access at any time and for any reason.
Right now the IPDB Test Network is free. We intend to charge for use of the network in the future. We can set pricing at our discretion.
3. Your Role as a Tester
By using the IPDB Test Network, you agree to be a Tester. Beyond just using the IPDB Test Network, we make a few requests of our Testers:
1. Keep your transaction volume to a minimum. Right now we are testing the basics, not the throughput of the network.
2. Talk to the developers. From time to time we will ask questions about how you are using the IPDB Test Network, what features you would like to see added, or how we could improve. You agree that suggestions you make for improvement of IPDB Test Network become the property of IPDB. We may credit you in code notes or other documentation if we see fit and you wish to be credited.
3. Report security vulnerabilities or other bugs. If you find security vulnerabilities or other flaws in the IPDB Test Network or the underlying software, we ask that you report them to us immediately.
4. Be nice. We are trying to build something as a public good, for the benefit of the internet as a whole. Don’t mess that up by using the IPDB Test Network for anything illegal, inappropriate, or just icky.
Information collected by IPDB may be shared with BigchainDB GmbH for the purposes of developing the BigchainDB software that powers IPDB. You may be contacted by members of IPDB or BigchainDB with questions about your use of the IPDB Test Network.
Information collected and shared will include:
1. Your name and contact information.
2. Your organization.
3. Your project and details about it.
4. Your use of the IPDB Test Network and suggestions for its improvement.
5. Your public key used to write transactions to the IPDB Test Network.
6. The content of your transactions on the IPDB Test Network.
IPDB is in the process of registering a charitable organization. Your personal information will be transferred to the new charitable organization when it is formed. We will notify you of the change when it occurs. Continued use of the Test Network after the transfer means you agree to the Terms of Service of the new Test Network with the new charitable organization. If you do not want to have your personal information transferred, you can contact us at [email protected] and we will delete your account. Your personal information will not be transferred.
5. Legal Stuff
TL;DR: The IPDB Test Network in its current form is unreliable and shouldn’t be used for anything important! It’s for testing purposes only. We aren’t responsible for anything that happens on it. Don’t say we didn’t warn you.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
The IPDB Test Network is not “production-ready”. This means:
1. The IPDB Test Network may crash at any time.
2. The data you upload to the IPDB Test Network may be deleted or modified at any time.
3. Your access to the IPDB Test Network may be revoked at any time and for any reason.
The IPDB Test Network is provided as-is, for testing purposes only, without express or implied warranties or conditions of any kind. We disclaim any warranties of merchantability, fitness for particular purposes, or non-infringement. To the extent allowed by law, IPDB disclaims all liability for use of the IPDB Test Network, regardless of the legal ground.
IPDB is liable only in the case of wilful or gross negligence on behalf of IPDB, or for damage arising from loss of life, body, or health, based on a breach of duty by IPDB, or for breach of a duty that is of the utmost importance for achieving the object of the contract.
Content published to the IPDB Test Network is not verified by IPDB and does not reflect the opinion of IPDB. IPDB does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or quality of the information provided by users. It is the user’s responsibility to ensure the content they add is lawful and does not infringe any third party rights.
Users of the IPDB Test Network indemnify IPDB from third party claims which may derive from use contrary to these Terms of Service, including costs of an adequate legal defense.
In case of third party claims against IPDB, users are obliged to provide IPDB with truthful and complete information necessary for the examination of the claims and for the respective defense.
You may not assign your rights in the Terms. Any attempt to do so is void. IPDB may assign its rights to its affiliates or subsidiaries, or to any successor in interest.
The law of the Federal Republic of Germany applies to these Terms, without regard to conflict of law provisions. The general place of jurisdiction and the place of fulfilment is Berlin.
If any of the Terms are invalid or contain a gap, the other sections of the Terms remain in effect. If this happens, the parties are deemed to have made an agreement which comes closest to the intended economic consequences of the Terms and which can be validly agreed on.